Friday, November 30, 2012

Grateful. Thankful. Gracious. Appreciative.

I still keep a notebook by my bed where I write down 5 things I'm thankful.  Some call it a gratitude journal.  I have been doing this for a couple years now.
Sometimes it's hard to come up with 5 things.  You know those bad days that happen where nothing goes right?  Tough to find the good in those days.  I still write about something.
At dinner, before we eat, everyone says one thing that they are thankful for (something that happened that day or is going to happen soon).  It makes you stop and think about your day and remember all the good, and sometime the not so good, that happened.  Hopefully giving you a more positive outlook on your day (or life).
Recently I have been asking Bella what 5 things she is thankful for before she goes to sleep.  I think it's a great way for her to reflect on her day in a positive way.  It is also a good way for her to thank God for what he has given her.

No comments:

Post a Comment