Thursday, November 15, 2012

Alex gets a haircut

I know I have another post with this title.  I don't know what else to call it. 

Maybe,  Alex FINALLY gets a haircut?

Alex has been trying to grow his hair out.  It's been a long and painful process (for RT and I).  Alex has wiry, curly hair that just seems to get bushier and bushier as it grows.  He does have beautiful curls.  The style was, well, there was no style.

Remember the last time he tried to grow his hair out?  He finally caved and let RT cut his hair back in June. 

This time is no different.  Here, take a look for yourself.

Bushy.  Curly.
He would fit well in the '70's
Alex took to styling his hair
These are the George Washington styles. 

He's trying to look serious

Very presidential, don't you think?

So, how did this whole haircut idea come about, you ask?  Alex made his 7th grade basketball team at school.  The coaches just gave a speech to the boys about having shorter hair.  They would be better players, wouldn't have to worry about their hair.   I believe Alex was the only one with the long hair, so, I think the hair talk was geared toward him.

Of course, when RT heard the story, he jumped all over that and volunteered to cut Alex's hair.  

I thought there was going to be some sort of transition.  I know he needed the cut before his first game on Thursday.  I guess I just didn't expect the extreme haircut.

or the extreme mess hair
 
After
All ready for his first basketball game.
 
Go Eagles!

1 comment: