Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Halloween Candy Cupcakes

I don't know about you, but, we had an excess of halloween candy. 

Alex and Bella went trick or treating and brought home a HUGE amount of candy.  We didn't hand out all of the candy that I bought, so, we have leftovers.

I have been putting a piece in the kids lunches everyday.  RT has been doing his part and eating some of the candy (mostly the chocolate).  The kids have been doing their part and trying to eat as much as they can (without me knowing about it).  I think Alex might have finished all of his candy.  I finally caved and had a few pieces.  I held out for almost a week.  Not bad.  I stopped, though.  It's not good for me.

Anyway, I didn't want the candy to linger too long, so, I decided to make cupcakes.  Yea, I know, sugar and then add a little more sugar to it and what do you have?  Sugar.

Yes, even after that realization, I still made cupcakes with candy inside them. 

I took some of the candy bars, cut them in half and put them in the cupcake cups (after I poured in the cupcake batter).  I made chocolate cupcakes.

Here is a sample picture:
Here is a look inside the cupcake

I tried to get a closer look
white frosting placed on a white plate is not working

I think you get the idea

I didn't get too many pictures of the cupcakes because I was surrounded by the vultures.  Yes, that's what I call my kids.  They start circling me when I make food and then they attack.  All of a sudden, they were flying low and trying to grab at anything.

As you can see, they succeeded.

1 comment:

  1. That's strange. My kids always run away when I make food...

    ReplyDelete