Thursday, November 29, 2012

Christmas Cards

We got our second Christmas card of the season. 
It's always an exciting part of my day during this time of year.  Getting the mail and realizing there are some Christmas cards.  It's fun to see who they are from, and, if you haven't seen these people, what they have been up to in the last year.
Today's card didn't have a return address on it.  That makes it even more exciting.  Who could it be? 
I couldn't wait any longer.
I had to find out. 
So, I opened it.
Looking over the card and the names, I realize, I don't even know these people!  Who are they and how do they know me or my family? 
I double checked the envelope (maybe I opened someone else's card by mistake). 
Nope.  It has our last name on it.
I asked RT.  He had no clue.
I looked up their name in the kids' school address books.  They have a son who is Alex's age. 
So, when Alex got home, I asked him if he knew this boy.  He said, why are you asking?  I said we got a Christmas card from (the boy) and his family, do you know him?  Alex said yes.  The boy was on his team at school (1 of 150 kids) last year and he talked ALOT.  I asked if he sees him this year (or is friends with him).  He said, no, not really.
So, there you have it. 
Either these people are reaching out to all Kennedy students and their families to be their friends, or they are just randomly sending out cards to people they don't know just to try and make them crazier than they already are this holiday season.
I think we all know the affect it had on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment