Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Day after Halloween - also known as "Belly Ache Day"

Got candy?

My kids went trick or treating yesterday (yes, all three).  If candy were good for you to eat, we would be set for a long time. 

Bella and I (and Newton the "super dog") went trick or treating for 3 hours. 
Soccer player and "Super Dog"

That's a lot of walking.  We were with a few of our neighbors.  Bella got to run from house to house, I had a good time, carrying on with the neighbors and Newton even got a dog treat from one of the houses.  The girls (they were all girls in our group) stopped every once in awhile to have a piece of candy.  One girl kept saying that her sugar level was getting low. 

When we got home I made spaghetti and meatballs (homemade sauce and homemade meatballs).  I had the sauce cooking while we were out trick or treating.  No, sad to say, I did not have any of the meatballs.  I'm a vegetarian, remember?  I hear they were pretty good.  Bella couldn't finish much of her food (probably because she had several pieces of candy while waiting for dinner).  She was complaining that her stomach hurt.

Bella then asked RT to take her out again (because we did not have enough candy).  They were gone for about an hour.   Apparently her Kindergarten teacher was the last house they went to and she dumped her bowl of candy into Bella's treat bag.

When I walked in on them (RT and Bella) I find them sorting out the candy.  I also found quite a few candy wrappers.

Bella, who was still complaining about her stomach pains, reminded me of my dad on Halloween.  He always said the day after Halloween was "Belly Ache Day."   The belly ache is from eating way too much candy the day before.  I was realizing that, for the first time in my life, thanks to my sweet tooth daughter, I was actually experiencing Belly Ache Day.  I'm thankful that it's not me with the belly ache (I had a few jelly beans).  I'm sure Bella will survive and will be asking for more candy soon.

Hope you had a fun Halloween and are not suffering too much on this Belly Ache Day. 

2 comments:

  1. "Belly Ache Day"! I think I remember him saying that. I loved your dad. Btw, I hope they were Jelly Belly jellybeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were Jelly Belly jellybeans. I try not to have too much sugar and thought I would splurge and have some. I had it built up in my head that it was going to be wonderful. And....it wasn't worth it.

      Delete