Monday, November 12, 2012

Blanket Hog

Honey, if there ever was a time to NOT read a post, this is it!  Take advantage of your free time and do something fun (and not read this post!)

I mean it!  Leave now!

Ok....you were warned.

For those of you who have stuck around, I'm assuming you can relate to the title.  Maybe there is a blanket hog in your life?  You know, that person that steals the covers.  The one that grabs hold of the covers and pulls them with him/her as they roll over.  The one that gets into bed and creates a "seal" that can't be broken.  That's when you tighten up the covers all around you, not caring if the person you are sharing a bed with ends up with 6 inches of blanket for themselves.

Maybe you are the blanket hog?

The dictionary definition of blanket hog:

blanket hog: n.  a person who steals the blankets while you are sleeping.

 I have to confess.  I live with a blanket hog.  I have to say, I'm good about the situation.  I usually wake up in the middle of the night tossing covers off because my body temperature has reached 146 degrees.  So, I don't complain too much.  It's just those times when I wake up and I feel a little chill.  I try to pull the covers over myself and realize that I am left with a half inch of blanket to try and cover my entire body.  

Believe me, it doesn't work. 

If I pull at the covers a little, the "blanket hog" sometimes gives in and lets me have a couple more inches of blanket.

I try to make do with what blanket amount that has been so kindly bestowed upon me.  Sometimes, if I'm lucky, I am able to fall back asleep.

I had to get that out. 

Wow.  I feel so much better!  It's like a load has been lifted from me.  I feel so light.  So relaxed.  A little tired.  Yawn.  Sleepy.

I think I'll try to be the first one to bed tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment