Sunday, November 4, 2012

Danada Equestrian Center - Hayride and Bonfire

Our Daisy troop planned a little field trip to the Danada Equestrian Center for a Hayride and a Bonfire.  It was a family event and we had good weather and a great turnout.

Bella and I sat in front by the horses on the hayride.  Everyone was going towards the back, I thought it would be fun to sit up front and get a good view of the horses and the area around us.
yea, nice view of the back of a horse :)
We learned that the horses are not pulling the cart, they are pushing it

I would have to say my favorite picture with my favorite little girl
(and, I took this one)

Trail picture, the horse is included so you get the feel of the hayride

looks like this one could be a painting


Bella on the hayride
The horse on the left was a little gassy
unfortunately, Bella was downwind
 

my artsy picture
taken while we were moving
Bella wasn't sure it would turn out.  I like it
What do you think?

our troop after our hayride

warming up by our bonfire
We had beautiful weather.  It was so clear.  A little cold, but, the bonfire helped warm us all up.  We made S'Mores.  Some families brought hot dogs to cook over the fire.  Somehow Bella managed to sweet talk someone (family) out of a hot dog (that's my girl). 

The hayride at the Danada Equestrian Center was definitely a wonderful field trip for our Daisy troop.  They do offer sleigh rides in the winter (I don't think you have to have a group of people if you go on the weekends).  That might just be something Bella and I might have to look into this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment