Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

We had thanksgiving dinner here.  RT made the meal.  Yes, if it was up to me, it would be a vegetarian meal.  I could just do what Charlie Brown did and make toast and popcorn.

Charlie Brown: I can't cook a Thanksgiving dinner. All I can make is cold cereal and maybe toast.
Linus van Pelt: That's right. I've seen you make toast. You can't butter it, but maybe we can help you.

I made the salad, stuffing, gravy and pumpkin pie.  I had help setting the table.  I am having a problem posting the picture with blogger.  Bella set the table for me.  She even had an extra setting for a "guest."   She made place cards for everyone so you knew where to sit at dinner.  Very cute.


I had to run out this morning to  buy a turkey baster.  I realized that RT used the last one for a nasty project and he said "you might want to pick one up before Thanksgiving."  So, instead of doing it right away, I decided to forget about it until Thanksgiving Day when he needed it.  Luckily the grocery store sells them.  Unfortunately, this one didn't last long.  It melted as RT did the first basting.  (I have a picture of that, but, blogger isn't letting me put up any more pictures.)


Hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving.



Linus van Pelt: In the year 1621, the Pilgrims held their first Thanksgiving feast. They invited the great Indian chief Massasoit, who brought ninety of his brave Indians and a great abundance of food. Governor William Bradford and Captain Miles Standish were honored guests. Elder William Brewster, who was a minister, said a prayer that went something like this: 'We thank God for our homes and our food and our safety in a new land. We thank God for the opportunity to create a new world for freedom and justice."
Patricia 'Peppermint Patty' Reichardt: Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment