Friday, May 31, 2013

Day 3 of Summer Break

It's been three whole days since the last "day" of school. I say "day" because they only went for a couple of hours.

We have all kept busy these past few days. Nick has been enjoying his freedom (he's been out since last Friday). Bella has been having play dates and riding her bike around. I was trying to trim the bushes out front. I say trying because I kept getting interrupted. They are almost completely trimmed. I have all summer to finish, right?  

And then there's Alex. He has been running around the neighborhood with all of his friends. Between the sandlot (have you seen that movie?  That's what the boys here call the baseball fields by us), Speedway and friends houses he hasn't been home very much. Every night has been a sleepover. In fact one night he said he was sleeping at a friends house and I guess the mom backed out and four boys wound up in our basement that night. (I was told only one boy was coming over, apparently Alex called RT and asked if the others can stay over, too)  Alex will be in eighth grade this fall (the big shots of the school) and I think this is his summer of fun.  I think I have seen Alex a total of twenty minutes in the last three days (not counting tonight's baseball game).  

I believe our summer break is off to a good start.  

No comments:

Post a Comment