Monday, May 13, 2013

Teenager and Texting - Part Two

As promised, an update on Alex and his texting.  This is for the second month of having his own phone.

My money was on Alex going over the 5,000 mark (number of texts in a month).  If you recall, last month (his first month of having a phone) Alex had 4,987 texts.  That's roughly 166 texts per day.  Figure in about 8 hours sleeping and 7 hours at school (he can't have his phone on at school).  That makes it 18 texts an hour. 

When you break it down like that, it really doesn't sound that bad, does it?  The question is, are they long texts or just "lol's?"  Trying to get information from a teenager can be quite difficult, especially when mood swings are involved.  I don't like to ask about things if I know that I'm going to be met with a moody reply.  So, I guess I will never know, will I?

Back to this months text totals.

For his second month, Alex surprised me.  I was expecting him to hit the 5,000 mark.  When I told him the totals of that first month's bill, his phone was beeping and beeping.  I figured he would have no problem.  I received the bill and Alex's texting total was.........(drum roll)...........4,503! 

His numbers are down a bit.  RT said that maybe the newness of having his own phone has worn off.  He still gets quite a few texts.  That seems to be his main tool of communication with his friends.
I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment