Monday, May 6, 2013

Greek Easter 2013

Christos Anesti!  Christ has risen!

Alithos Anesti!  He has risen indeed!

I started my day off making Spanakotyropita.  I make it every year for Easter.  If you want the recipe go here.


We head over to my cousins house where they roast a lamb on a spit. Tough being a vegetarian in a Greek family at Easter time.  I was harassed a little by my cousin (about being a vegetarian).

cutting up the lamb
I can't believe Alex ate the eye of the lamb.  He said it tasted like a cooked egg.
RT tried the lambs tongue.
I just stood by and watched (and took pictures)


Missing Uncle George this year.  He cooked the lamb every Easter.  This year he was there in spirit.


not sure if this was before or after the eye and tongue tasting
Turned out to be a beautiful day


Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment