Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Flying Solo

I'm on my own this week.  This is the last few weeks of school and they are jammed packed with lots of activities.  Field trips, baseball games, softball games, Olympic days, last dance class, dance rehearsal, dance recital, girl scout bridging ceremony, a wedding and a family get together.

Most of those things are happening this week.  Well, all of those things (except the family get together and wedding) are happening this week.

Today I planted our garden.  I am trying to keep Pippen out of the garden.  I let him hang with me while I was planting the garden.  Just to tick me off he ran into the garden when I started getting it ready for my plants.  I sent him away but he kept coming around wanting to come into the garden.  He thinks he's human and can do whatever I do.  Once the garden was planted, I pulled out the hose to water and Pippen was so excited, he decided it was time for a puppy fit.  He ran around real fast and ran right through my garden.  I'm hoping a couple of my plants survive the tornado.

While I am planting the garden, the children made themselves disappear.  This always happens when I am in the middle of a project and can use some help.  When I am at the point where I can't leave my project, that is when I get called.   "Mom!  Alex hit me!"  "Mom!  Nick won't give it back to me!"

Today's call was, "Mom, can you move the cars?" 

My response? 

"No."

Nick can drive.  He was doing his homework, but, he moved them for me.

I'm hoping I survive the week.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment