Friday, May 17, 2013

First Grade Field Trip to Brookfield Zoo

Here I am once again, jetting off to the zoo with the first grade class.

The first graders just finished studying Brazil and the Rain Forest.  I think you remember my trip to Brazil and the Amazon Rain Forest last week. 

Today we visited a few of the exhibits at Brookfield Zoo.  We saw the Fragile Desert, the Tropical Rain Forest and the Fragile Rain Forest.   We also visited the Dolphins, Walrus, Bison, wolves, Bears and Polar Bears and Rhinos.

I had a group of four girls and joined up with a friend and her group of four girls.  We had fun, well, until the drama started.  I didn't realize the drama between girls started this early.  I ended up having a little talk with all of them about how we should be nice to each other and to treat others as we would like to be treated.  Things got better.  Well, and they were also pretty tired at this point and we were at the end of our little tour of the zoo.

I'm so glad we had beautiful weather today.  A great day to enjoy the Brookfield Zoo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment