Monday, July 2, 2012

Bedazzling with the Bedazzler

Yes.  I finally got my hands on a bedazzler.  Very exciting day for me.  Found my bedazzler at the village's Trash to Treasures (a big community garage sale).  New in box.  I think it is one of the originals. 
All that is included (including Bella's dinner)
Thought we were missing pieces, but, one was attached to the bedazzler

We got it set up and Bella selected her design.  We had some plain tank tops to embellish and we were quite excited.
The process was fun at first, but, we found that the "jewels" (or studs) were't going through the fabric easily.  I had to check each stud/jewel that we put on to make sure that the prongs were through the shirt and they were not sticking out. 
After about an hour of frustration...

Bella and her Bedazzling beaded Turtle tank

Final thoughts?  There might be a newer version of the Bedazzler out there on the market.  Hopefully it has been improved.  This kit was difficult to get to work properly and was quite frustrating.  While we were Bedazzling, I kept thinking of ways to improve the tool.  A handheld gun-like tool would be cool to operate.
It was fun to make a shirt dazzling.  I still have my shirt to beautify.  I'm not sure if I will be bedazzling it, tho.



No comments:

Post a Comment