Saturday, December 15, 2012

Decorated can - a pin on Pinterest

This started out as a great idea that I saw on Pinterest.  The directions made it look so easy so I had to try it.

Of course, it failed.  But, I turned it around and saved the day!

I had all of the supplies on hand.  Empty can, paint, glue and scrapbook paper.

I painted an empty soup can (lime green).  Don't judge me by my color choice.  I'm making this for Bella and wanted to do her favorite color, which I realized changes by the minute.  One minute it's pink, then purple, then red, then orange, then green, then blue.  I think she was on orange, but, then she changed her mind and said she likes pink (again).  I couldn't keep up, so, I chose lime green.

Anyway, the next part was to glue clear stones onto the side of the can using modge podge.  Seemed simple enough, except the stones wouldn't stick to the can.  Very frustrating. 

So, I decided to find some fancy paper and glue it to the can.  I thought the pink zebra stripe paper would do the job.  I thought it looked cool with the green at the top and bottom of the can.

I wanted to do something with the clear stones so, I cut a flower out of another piece of paper and glued it to the bottom of the clear stone, attached a magnet to the back and am now able to place it on the can (If I want to). 
I would say I saved that pinterest pin's butt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment