Saturday, December 1, 2012

Clean up in Aisle 7

"Herb, I swear I was never in aisle 7!"

That's one of the many great lines from my favorite movie, "Mr. Mom."

After seeing the movie "Brave," Bella has been really into archery.  Nick showed her how to use his bow and arrow.  She's been practicing in the yard.

The weather today was unusually warm (60's)  RT decided to take Bella to the archery range.  Nick wanted to go.  Alex said he would go with me.  Shopping.

Really?

In and out of stores with me or having fun outdoors shooting arrows?

So, off we went shopping. 

First stop was to get his friend a birthday present (the party's today).  We goofed off at a couple other stores.  Our final stop was Aldi. 

In the store, I look over and Alex is playing with a (children's) toy kitchen set, complete with stove, sink and lots of other gadgets.  I laughed and said he should put that on his Christmas wish list and left him.  All of a sudden I hear a loud crash.  I turn and see the kitchen set on the floor.  Alex says, "I didn't do it!"  There is no one within 30 feet of the playset (except Alex who is right by it).  I told him this is something he would have done when he was little, not now at 12!

We quickly picked up the set, along with all of the pots, pans, utensils, phone and stove.

I think next time I'm going to the archery range and RT can take everyone shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment