Sunday, December 23, 2012

Baking Christmas Cookies

Lots and lots of Christmas cookies.

Thought I would attempt some Christmas cookie baking today.  I made a double batch of sugar cookies, a double batch of ginger snap cookies and some mint/chocolate fudge.  (RT loves fudge)  My helper (and sidekick) pooped out on me several times and left me all alone with the baking (and some of the decorating).  Baking without a helper made it a LONG morning of cookie baking.  I did want to make another kind of cookie, but, I think it's going to have to wait until next year.  For now, I'm all cookied out.

My other kitchen helper
 Pippen was hanging out with me in the kitchen while I was decorating the last of the sugar cookies.  He likes being in the kitchen with me when I cook.  Usually he just lays somewhere inconvenient and waits for me to trip over him.  If I ask him to get up and move, he won't.  This time he picked a spot in the corner and got all cozy.  Before he got cozy, he decorated a few cookies for the kids.  This year he is trying to promote eating yellow snow.
yellow snowflake cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment