Saturday, December 15, 2012

Making a List and Checking it Twice

I finally decided to start my Christmas shopping.  I was hoping I could put it off forever.  Good thing I don't have a huge list of people and lots of things to buy.
Today I was having trouble finding a toy for Bella.  She's really into Legos.  Specifically the Lego friends line.  I couldn't find the set that she wanted and looked online.  Some of the stores are sold out and some places online have it for twice as much as it goes for in the store. (yea, I couldn't figure that one out either)  I did find a Wal-mart store close to my moms house that has it in stock.  I called my brother, Steve, to tell him about it and even sent him a link so he would know what I was talking about.  I was running out to a store to check if they have the Lego set and said I would call him and let him know if I found it.
Well, I forgot to call him.  I was at another store when Steve texted me telling me that he was running out to Wal-mart to see if they have that Lego friends set.  I think he was more nervous than I was about finding this gift!
About fifteen minutes pass and I get a call that he found it.  He was pretty excited about it.  I told him to buy it and I would try to avoid paying him for it.  Just kidding.  I'm going to pay him.  I wanted to make the story a little more interesting.
So, I noticed how excited he was about finding that gift.  I told him I would send him the rest of my list and he can finish my shopping for me.
I think he was cool with that.
Why should we get stressed over the holiday shopping?  Why should we have to fight the crowds?  Once he has finished my shopping, he can start on yours.
Hey, I just started a little side business for you, Steve! 

1 comment: