Monday, April 22, 2013

The Flood

I thought I would share just a few more pictures from the flood that we had on Thursday here in Lisle.
I took this picture because, as you can see, it's a traffic jam.  The traffic jam is on my (quiet, suburban) street in front of my house!  I was stuck in this jam on Friday night trying to get home. 


another picture of the traffic jam

This was taken two days after the flooding.
Trying to show the amount of water and how long it was around.

This is looking onto Naper  Boulevard, which was still flooded on Saturday.  This is the reason for the traffic jam on my street.  This did finally clear up by Sunday and cars were able to go through.

Someone lost the post for their mail box
Found on the path when I went walking on Saturday.
 
Clean up here in Lisle has already begun.  Many donations have been made to help those who lost everything in the flood.  Keep these people in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment