Friday, April 12, 2013

Teenager and Texting

Ever since Alex got his phone, he can be seen texting all of the time.  Sometimes he sets his phone to vibrate and puts it on the floor of his room (which is above the kitchen).  I can hear the ceiling vibrate every 5 seconds.

I was trying to have a conversation with him about his day at school.  Here is how it went.

Me:  How was your day today?
Alex: (chirp - his texting sound) Hold on.  (looks at phone, types something) OK, what?
Me:  I said, how was your day.
Alex:  Well, (chirp - looks at phone, types something) What was I saying?
Me:  You were telling me about your day.
Alex:  (chirp - looks at phone, types something)

I think you get the picture.  I did get a few words out of him, but, not much.  The whole phone and texting has opened up a whole new world for him.

I did make the mistake and ask him what he texts about.  I will edit my answer due to the bad graphic it will put into your head.  At the time he was texting a friend and read the conversation to me.  The friend was telling Alex about how his younger brother did a real big, loud (can't believe I am writing this) fart.  I won't go into any more details.  It was pretty graphic (that's all I have to say about that). 

I guess you can say that we are getting our money's worth out of our texting plan. 

I said that I was glad he was communicating with his friends. 

I also added my famous line:  There are some things that Mom doesn't need to know/hear. (especially when they concern loud, smelly farts).

No comments:

Post a Comment