Thursday, April 18, 2013

The rains came

 
We have had quite a bit of rain in the last 24 hours.

Our Street is flooded
(yes, that's looking down our street)
sorry it's so dark, but it is rainy and gloomy here
The park is flooded
(the park is to the left, no way to get there)
 
I kept Alex and Bella home today. Nick caught the bus this morning (hoping he makes it to school and home safely). For some reason our school district decided to have school today.  I sent the school district an email wondering why they are having school when the buses can't even drive down our street.  I had to send an email because the District office was closed (they don't open until 8:00AM).  In the meantime they were sending out emails that it was okay to send our kids to school, the buses were running, kids might be late getting to class.  After 8:00AM we received a phone call telling us parents that school today is optional.   (I have since received a phone call saying there is early dismissal due to the bad road/weather conditions)  Good planning.
 
Our town has declared a state of emergency.  Some are evacuating their homes because of flooding.  We are staying put (no flooding in our house).
 
Another four inches of rain is suppose to fall today.
 
I do have to say that at least our dogs are having fun with the rain.  Here is a short video of Pippen running through the huge puddle in the park behind our house.  Notice (toward the end) how he does some acrobatic jumps in the water.  He's making the best of all of the rainfall.
  
 
I'm hoping this video works.  I might have to try again.
 
Apparently this only took a screen shot of the video.  I have placed it on YouTube.  You can view it right here.  Hopefully that works.  Otherwise, try this one.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I guess it did rain a little.

    I saw you added a new "reaction" so I decided to click on it. Oh, and I also skipped a bunch of posts because I wanted to know about the flood. Maybe it's time to get a boat?

    ReplyDelete