Friday, April 12, 2013

Ghetto Van

I love my van, even though its ghetto.

The sliding door on the drivers side needs help when opening. You can't just press a button and have it open by itself. You have to physically pull it open. I look at it as a good arm workout.

The van makes some loud sounds when running. You can hear it a block away.  At least my kids know I'm there to pick them up (from their activity). 

Sometimes the door on the driver's side does not open. (sometimes, not all of the time) You can unlock it (and see that it's unlocked), but you can't open it. To get it open you have to open the sliding door (manually, because it doesn't work, remember?) and reach towards the front and open the door from the inside.

There's also the time where the "door ajar" bell just starts going off while you are driving.  All doors are closed but you have to figure out which door is slightly open.  That's when you have to stop at a red light, put the van in park, hop out and start opening and closing the doors.  (I just did this the other day)  The people around you give you some odd looks but, it does make waiting at a stop light more interesting.

I think all of these "quirks" give the car character.

Of course, when these "quirks" happen when I am in a hurry, I'm not thinking about the cool factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment