Saturday, October 13, 2012

Scary-Journey's Halloween Craft - Owl

This craft isn't scary.  I'm sure you can make it scary.

Supplies needed:
Brown construction paper (we used two shades)
yellow construction paper
google eyes
(or if you don't have any, white paper and black marker)
scissors
glue

Using a template....You knew I would say that, didn't you?  I like to draw templates before I start cutting out the real thing.  Saves me from making mistakes. 

This template is in the shape of a "U"  Just make sure to close the top of the U, then cut it out.
This picture gives you an idea of the "U"  This has a piece cut out, that will come later.

Trace this template onto brown paper (or color of your choice) and cut out.  To make the wings that will sit on the front, use the above picture as a guideline.  I just cut it out from my template.  I made the wings a lighter brown.   I also cut some brown circles for eyes.  I didn't have googly eyes (I'm goign to have to put that on a list since the last couple of projects I did needed eyes).  I don't mind improvising.  I used yellow for the beak.  Put everything in place.
looking good
glue it all down 
Drew some eyes for Mr. Owl
Another halloween craft project - done!
 
WHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment