Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Mosaics

I love mosaics.
There.  I said it.
I should end the post right there.
I'll continue, for those of you who enjoy mosaics as much as I do.
Here are some mosaics (from various artists) that I found online:
love the use of blues

This one is called Starry Night

lovely use of colors
and, of course, I love the hearts that are included

looks like a sun

probably my favorite
love the colors!
And, of course, this is probably where I get my love for mosaics

it's a byzantine icon
There are lots of these in the Orthodox church
 
For those of you who are art enthusiasts, take a look here.  Art-City.org has a great selection of artwork from various artists.   They don't have any mosaic pieces.  For that, you will have to hang with me.
 
My sidekick Bella and I decided to try our hand at making mosaics.  Our little art project.  A paper craft project!  We used various colors of construction paper that we (make that "I") cut into smaller pieces (or tiles) for our pictures. 

Here is how our artwork turned out:
Bella's first mosaic titled, "Planets"

Bella turned this one into a bridge but later said it's a caterpillar

my mosaic "Untitled"  :)

On our many trips to Home Depot, Bella likes to grab paint samples before we leave the store.  Sometimes we don't buy anything but we have tons of paint samples from our excursion.  Bella likes to play with the samples and has incorporated some into her artwork.  When I asked for some to do my next project, I was shot down.  Bella told me to go get my own.  Nice, huh?

my Glidden paint samples (from a WalMart trip)
I cut them into 1/2" squares
yea, that was a fun task....
I grabbed a piece of cardboard and started modge podging (is that a word) the squares
just getting going here

almost done!

Ta-dah!

Bella wanted me to put on a coat of the glimmer Modge Podge
gives it a little shine
Maybe I can put this on the refrigerator?
 
Bella asked if I wanted to do another one.  I think she wanted to stay up later.  I said, maybe next time (and with bigger squares, please).

No comments:

Post a Comment