Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Halloween Mosaic Pumpkin

Yes.  Another mosaic.  This time a pumpkin. 

I love pumpkins and I love mosaics.  Why not combine the two?

I had fun working on this one.  I used Glidden paint chip samples (again) in oranges, a dark green and black.  I decided to mix up the oranges.  The people at the store probably thought that was a weird color combination for a room (or house).

I took a piece of cardboard and measured out 1" squares.  I have seven 1" squares across by eight 1" squares down.  I did not plan such an odd number.  I was going for 8" x 8 " but I guess I didn't quite make it.  :)

I drew a pumpkin.  Well, I made a pumpkin template first, of course, then traced the template onto my cardboard.

I cut my paint chips into 1" squares and got to work.

The "interesting" part was trying to cut the paint chips to form the pumpkin.
I had fun working on my mosaic pumpkin and am trying to figure out what I should mosaic next?  Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Well, Thanksgiving is coming. How about a cornucopia mosaic?

    ReplyDelete