Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Scary-Journey Halloween Craft - Mosaic Pumpkin

You know I can't do a Halloween craft week and not include Mosaics!   Especially now that you know how much I love mosaics.

Again, this is an easy craft.  A little work in the beginning, but, easy for young ones to assemble.

Supplies:
Orange construction paper (cut in squares)
green construction paper (cut in squares) (you only need a few of these)
scissors
glue
pencil
sheet of paper (we used a white piece of paper)

                                   

Using your pencil, draw a HUGE pumpkin onto your piece of paper. Don't forget to add the stem!   Gather your orange and green squares, put some glue down on your pumpkin and start filling it in with the squares.  Isn't this fun? 
I'm hoping you're enjoying mosaics as much as I am

and, here's your pumpkin!  Cute, huh?

You can make this scary by adding some black squares (tiles) and giving your pumpkin a scary face.

Bella and I had so much fun that we decided to make a ghost, too.  I  know, two mosaics in one day!  What can be more exciting than that?

We used black construction paper for the background (to give it a scarier effect).  Using white chalk (I could only find yellow) draw a ghost on your paper.
 This looks like the ghost in Pac-Man.  (for those of you youngin's, that was a video game back in the 80's).  Anyway, moving on...

This time you will need white paper cut up into little squares (don't worry if your squares are not even).  Put some glue down and start tiling.
this is fun!
Of course, Bella pooped out after awhile and I had to take over
To finish up the ghost, I cut out glued on some eyes and a mouth
Another fun and easy halloween craft!
BOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment