Saturday, October 6, 2012

Reunion Lunch

The reunion wasn't for me, it was for my mom and her friend from college, Margaret.  They're both Hoosiers that went to Indiana University. 
Tom (my cousin), Margaret and my mom

Margaret and my mom
(in front of the Acropolis)

It was a big thing back then for a woman to go to college (I'm sure my mom would love for me to put her age on this blog).   I won't say what year.  (I'm working on becoming the favorite...it's a long process)  I'll just say that there was a time when most women got married right out of high school. 
 posing around IU
My mom, the fashion queen

throwing a snowball

Posing for the camera

21st birthday

Margaret and her husband, Mel, drove here from Indiana just to have lunch and catch up with my mom. 

I had the privilege to meet them and join in on the fun (conveniently, I was also their chauffeur).  We went to Tasso's in Naperville for some Greek food.  (Greek salad's, Avgolemono Soup and Spanakopita)  It was nice for them to catch up.  I enjoyed the stories about life on campus.  I even got to hear how Mel and Margaret got together.
(same waiter with the bad picture taking skills)
 
Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment