Sunday, October 14, 2012

Alarm Clock - WAKE UP!

Alarm clocks are great to have when you need to wake up at a specific time.  I don't use one myself because I'm usually awake when I have to be or I am woken up by others moving around the house.

You know there's a story on why I'm writing about alarm clocks.  It's not like I was just randomly given a topic to write about and I picked alarm clocks.  I don't know what else I would write about them?  Maybe that the sound they make to wake you up is ABSOLUTELY ANNOYING?  Sometimes downright frightening?   I mean, who wants to wake up to some loud, obnoxious sound anyway?  Something a little more peaceful would be nice.  I could see being really crabby after waking up to that noise.  I did use an alarm clock when I worked outside of the house.  I used to turn it off before it went off just to avoid the sound.

The real reason I am writing on alarm clocks.

Last night, both boys had sleepovers.  They slept over at their friend's house(s). (different families)  I was pretty tired last night and went to bed early.  I slept real good until "my time" (4 am) but, fell back asleep.  I woke to some LOUD,  OBNOXIOUS sound coming from upstairs.  It was 5:30 am and it was Nick's alarm clock that went off.  I turned it off and went back to bed.

Luckily I fell asleep.  I woke again to another even more LOUD, OBNOXIOUS sound.  I thought  a huge truck was backing up into our bedroom!  This time the sound was coming from Alex's room.  That was 6:30 am.

I was pretty much up for the day since Pippen decided to cry to be let out.

Since the alarm clocks have been turned off, I will have to remind the boys to turn them back on so they aren't late for school tomorrow. 

I hope I sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment