Thursday, October 18, 2012

No Bike Shorts, please!

As you know from earlier posts I walk around the neighborhood.  I do this right after Bella gets on the bus.  I figure I'm awake and outside.  It's a great way to start the day.

This morning I was walking and I was almost home.  I walk for about an hour.  As I'm nearing the end of my walk, I find myself behind another fellow excerciser.  There was a good distance between us.  This guy, who was pretty tall, was wearing bike shorts.  Bike shorts are real tight, spandex shorts that bicycle riders wear.  This guy was not the perfect candidate to wear bike shorts in public.  In fact, very few people are bike short candidates.  And, with the way he was jogging (slowly and sticking his rear out).  Well, lets just say it wasn't pretty.  Especially since second glance, as I got closer to him, I look up and see sweat in the derriere region.  (I didn't look there on purpose, it was in my line of vision and was not hard to miss).

I was happy when he turned and went a different way.  I breezed past and walked a little faster.  I wanted to make it home before I got sick on the path.

I told RT that if he ever buys and wears bike shorts...it's over.

After hearing this story, he understood.

No comments:

Post a Comment