Thursday, October 25, 2012

Fall colors at the Morton Arboretum

I love watching the leaves change color on the trees.  I like walking through leaves that have fallen on the ground.  Makes a pretty, crunchy path to walk on.  Orange, red and yellows all mixed together.

We made another trip to the Morton Arboretum so we can see some of the lovely colors. 
We took a walk around the lake


The colors are just amazing


sunlight peeking through the trees



We also got to see the scarecrows they had on display from local Girl Scout troops.  The troop with the winning scarecrow (you get to vote for your favorite) gets an overnight at the Arboretum.  (no, our troop did not have one)  Thought I would share some of them with you.
I am one of those shadows, RT is the other

scarecrow dressed like a brownie

daisy scarecrow

silverlicious scarecrow
I thought this one was pretty clever

the dorothy scarecrow was rockin' these ruby shoes
I want them!

100 year scarecrow
for the 100 years of girl scouts
this scarecrow is from the second grade troop at our school
this is the scarecrow that we all voted for

thought this was a clever scarecrow face
good use of wood (and paint)
 
I did find a sign for RT to use for our lawn while we were there
our lawn and landscape is always a work in progress
I won't frighten you with a picture of our landscaping
I'll leave you with this picture (from the arboretum)

No comments:

Post a Comment