Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Scary-Journey Halloween Craft - Pumpkin Magnet

Bella did just about all of this craft, except for drawing the pumpkin.  This craft is pretty simple and won't take that long to complete.  Great little craft to do with little ones (as long as you cut out all of the parts before you start).

Supplies needed:
Orange paper/foam
green paper/foam
black paper/foam
scissors
glue
magnet

We used foam for our pumpkin magnet.  Again, you can use paper.  You could also try felt and make a nice soft pumpkin magnet. 
I made a template for the pumpkin and traced onto orange foam.  I had a green triangle piece of foam that we used as the stem.  (always good to try and use what you have on hand)
 It gets a little difficult now.  Make sure you read all of these instructions carefully. 

Once you have cut the pumpkin out, you have to start thinking about the face.  I had Bella draw out what she wanted on a piece of paper.  She was pretty specific with how she wanted the mouth.  I drew a template out on paper.  I know, me and my templates.  But, hey, when it's not your craft, you want to be sure it looks right for the artist designing the artwork.

I cut the black foam out and....breathe now...we're almost done.  Bella glued on the pieces for the face of the pumpkin. 

Phew.  Didn't think we would make it.  Oh, and we glued the magnet to the back and put it on the refrigerator. 

There!  You made it!  I knew you could do it!

You can make this as scary as you want with the facial features.  The mouth with the teeth showing, is Bella's scary version.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment