Monday, February 4, 2013

Valentine Art

I love Valentine's Day.  RT call's it the "National Holiday" because I think it's the best holiday and everyone should have the day off. 

It's an important day.  A day to share with the one's that you love.  That was plural on purpose.  The plural was not intended for multiple lovers (hey, let's try and keep this clean!), but for family members (children, etc.).

I found this idea here on Mrs. Polly Rodgers  .  She has some fun ideas for crafts for $1.00 or less.You should check her out!

I purchased the heart boxes at the dollar store and already had the glitter and glue. 

I jumped right in and started glittering away my little hearts.  (GLITTER!)

I let them dry, sprayed them with hairspray.  Yes, I have hairspray.  I couldn't tell you how old the can is because I use it once in a blue moon.  (like Bella's dance recital and the Daddy/Daughter Dance)  I don't think the brand is around anymore.  Does anyone use hairspray anymore?

I used the hairspray so the glitter would stay on the hearts (and not all over my house).  Yes, I love glitter but not all over the house.

I had a hurricane glass to put them in (I took out my Christmas decorations) and realized that I need more hearts.  :)
 I might have to get a few more so it looks full
I love the way they came out, don't you?

Just spreading the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment