Monday, February 4, 2013

It's just another Manic Monday

Poor Bella was up coughing most of the night (so was I).  I'm keeping her home from school.  (I decided not to share the cold love this time around)  I believe she got this cold when she went to a friends house.  The younger brother was coughing and the mom said, "Oh, he's not contagious."  Yea, the things people say.  You can't make this stuff up.

Bella kept telling me she had to go to school.  (she has a bit of her mother inside her)  I told her that it was ok to miss a day and that she doesn't want to get her school friends sick.

We are in need of throat lozenges. 

I was curious about the differences in cough drops and throat lozenges and decided to look it up.  Here is what I found out:  Taken from Wikipedia

"Cough drops and throat lozenges are actually separate products, although they are often confused in common terminology. Cough drops are intended to reduce coughing. Throat lozenges are intended to soothe the pain of a sore throat."

I thought that was interesting.  I thought that they were interchangeable. 

Cough drop sounds like something that you coughed out.  (yea, I can be gross sometimes) 

I still like using the word lozenge.  It's a lot more fun to say than cough drop.

1 comment: