Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Valentine Love Frame

More Valentine art to share!

I have wanted to do this project for a long time.  I had the idea, found some of the pieces but never got around to it until now.

What you need:  Pretty paper, picture frame (with glass), letters (to spell "love") or a heart, paint, paint brush, glue and glue gun.

I happened to have the word "love" in cursive.  I found this on clearance about a year ago.  You can find letters or words at Michael's Craft Store, Hobby Lobby or any other craft store.  Another idea would be to get a heart and use it on a smaller picture frame.  In fact, I might just do that at a later date.

My word came in white.  I decided to paint it red.  I wanted it to stand out.  It took several coats of paint, so be patient.

I cut my pretty paper to fit inside the frame and glued it to the back of some cardboard.  I don't think you will have to do this.  I was originally going to do this project without the glass inside the picture frame, but decided that when I glued them on they will need some support so they don't fall off.  I used the hot glue gun so the words would adhere to the glass (and, hopefully not fall off!).


I'm liking the way it turned out.  Even the gold frame.  Originally I was thinking a black frame, but, I found this frame at the thrift store and thought I would try it.  The brown background doesn't show off the whole look.  Here is what it looks like on the mantle.
It was hard getting this picture because the frame has glass and my camera wanted to use the flash.  Of course I'm taking this picture at night and there isn't great lighting in our family room so the camera kept insisting on using the flash.  Since the flash kept causing a glare, I turned it off and this is the picture I got without the flash.  Not sure if you can see the details.  It looks great next to my glittered hearts, doesn't it?
 
Keep spreading the love!

No comments:

Post a Comment