Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Low Fuel Level

Nick has been driving our cars when needed.  Well, for work or to hang with friends.  I have no problem with him using the cars.  I do have a problem when he uses a lot of the gas and leaves me with a car that has about 45 miles until empty.  That may seem like a lot, but, when you have a lot of errands to run, you're sick and it's cold outside, the last thing you want to do is stop at a gas station to  fill up your car.  I should state that my car had half a tank of gas when he borrowed it.

My dad always told me that if I borrowed the car I should put $5.00 worth of gas in the car.  Of course, this was a LONG time ago when $5.00 worth of gas was at least 5 gallons, which was enough to get him to the nearest gas station without having to push the car.  He also said that it's wise to keep a full tank, never go below the half way point.  Some people might argue that it's a waste to have all of that gas in your tank.  It's actually nice if you get in your car and know that you have at least a half tank of gas when you have to go some where and a gas station stop is not in your plans.

Which brings me to the reason I decided to write this post.

Today I had to use RT's car.  He is going to be taking my car for the next few days (my car, the one that has a FULL TANK OF GAS) and was taking it to have the oil and tires checked out.   I had to go somewhere (he knew this) and he said to use his car.  Once in his car, I get this message:

Yep, "Fuel Level Low" along with a beeping sound
I'm sure the beeping sound means, HEY, GO TO A GAS STATION!

Nothing like being all dressed up, its 2F and REALLY windy outside and I have to pump gas into the car. 

I have come to realize that I think my husband is allergic to gas stations.  Every time I get in his car to drive it the fuel is low.  Every time.  It's funny how the cars is always offered up to me for use (knowing that the tank is empty).  I think he knows I will fill it up with gas.

Just once I would like to get into a car and have the comfort of knowing that the tank is full and I don't have to make an emergency stop at the gas station or figure out a plan on how to push the car the rest of the way to the gas station by myself while wearing heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment