Monday, February 11, 2013

Valentine Love Picture

Remember my last Valentine frame picture post?  How I said it would be a cool idea to try using a heart shape and some pretty paper as a background?  I even said I might just try that and see how it comes out.

Well, guess what?  I tried it and I like how it came out! 

And, of course, I thought I would share it with you.

I used a frame that is a little weather beaten.  Ok, it's old, but I thought weather beaten sounded a little better than old, don't you think?  Like it has been through a lot.

The paper is (love)writings.  Something that can easily be made.  Take your white paper and dip it in tea.  Once the paper is dry, it will have a stained look to it (like an old piece of paper).  You can repeat the tea process to get a darker tint to your paper.  We had to do this for a school project for the boys - I don't remember which grade.  The tea makes the paper look old, then they write a letter on it.  If I remember correctly, this was in fifth grade.  The students were pretending they were soldiers in the Civil War and they were writing a letter home to their family.  It was weird to read the letters.  You know alot of those soldiers did not make it back home and what was the mail system like back then?  Creepy.

Okay, enough creepiness.  Back to our project.

Using your best handwriting skills and a black pen, write out a poem or love letter.   Make sure that it fits inside the frame.  Paint your heart red and attach to the center of the paper.  Pop it all into your frame and you're done!
 
Keep spreading the love!

No comments:

Post a Comment