Thursday, January 26, 2012

Happy Birthday, Mom!

I took a little drive to visit my mom today.  It was a surprise.  My parents never were big on surprises.  We were told not to surprise them (ever).  I took that as a personal challenge.  It's good to have goals in life that were instilled by your parents.

I drove to my mom's house and as I was driving down her street, I called her (on the phone).  I wished her a happy birthday and asked what she was going to do today.  She said she didn't have any big plans.  She heard my car door  beeping and asked if I was driving.  I said, no, I just arrived.  I asked her where she was, she told me she was looking out the front window.  (at that time, I had started to walk in the back door) (my brother, Steve, was in on this, and he opened the door for me)  She asked me something else and I answered (and she knew I was in the same room).  I think she was happily surprised I stopped by.   (I guess I will find out later if I'm in trouble)


Happy Birthday, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment