Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Christmas Cards

All of the Christmas decorations are down and put away.  I loved using my card holder that we made.

It worked out perfectly!

What do you do with your old Christmas cards?  I like to look at them, then, I start cutting them apart.  I use them for either making new cards for next year, or making gift tags for next year's gifts.  (yes, a little planning ahead, but, in 11 months, you will be thanking me that you did this when you did).

What do you need? 
Old Christmas cards
cardstock
glue
scissors

If a card does not have any writing on the back of the picture, you can use that as a Christmas postcard (or as a post Christmas thank you card) (good thinking, huh?)  If not, there might be some smaller items that you want to cut from your cards to make new cards or to make gift tags.  Remember, for gift tags, the pictures will have to be small.

Here is a sample of what I cut out.




Now, I don't have much for gift tags, I mostly have wording for cards.  I have already contacted others about their cards (hoping to be able to make all the cards for next year).  Here is a sample of what I have done (one gift tag and one Christmas card):


I know I have a long way to go, but, it's a start.

Happy card making!

No comments:

Post a Comment