Thursday, January 26, 2012

Diarrhea

Yea, I'm sure that title reached out and grabbed you, didn't it?  It's one of those titles that makes you want to read on to see what it's about, but, on the other hand, you're hesitant because you have a feeling you know what's coming.  And, with me writing it, you never know what it's going to be about, right?  Hey, RT, here's your little keyword that's going to draw more people to read my blog!  I wonder how many people google the word, "diarrhea?"  Look!  I said it twice!   And, you're still reading this because you're curious about the title.  Or, you just like reading about the subject.  Maybe you are the one and only that google's this word?

Ok, I should probably get on with my story (you know theres always story). 

Bella decided to do a project.  There was an empty shoebox and she decided she could make a diorama.  You remember those, don't you?  Where you make a scene inside a shoebox?  I remember making a snow scene when I was in grade school.  I used cotton balls as the snow, blue paper for the sky... ok, get on with the story, we don't need to hear about you or your boring school projects.  Blah, blah, blah.

Bella decided to make a little habitat for a wolf.  (she did this all on her own, no help or ideas from me or RT, she just did it)  She colored some paper with a green marker (for the grass), took some blue paper to make a lake, the blue/green background is "the world."  She got a stick and a rock from the yard and glued everything down.  She was so proud of her work that she brought it to school.

When she got home she told us how excited her teacher was about it and let her share it with the class.  Nick came home from school and Bella says to him, "Do you want to see my diarrhea?"  Now, the look on Nick's face was priceless.  That picture would have been great for you to see.  He had this shocked look on his face.  I can only imagine what he was thinking.  Something like, This is my sister.  She had diarrhea and saved it and now wants to show me it.  This is what I have to work with as a family.

Nick says, what did you say?  Bella repeats herself, "Do you want to see my diarrhea?"  Now, Nick is really concerned, looks at me for some help, or maybe to say, you let her keep her diarrhea?  What's wrong with you?  I, at that point, tried to control my laughter and said, she meant, diorama.  Nick then had a sense of relief on his face.  His family is crazy, but, not THAT crazy.

That night at dinner, Bella asked if she could share her "diorama" with the family.  Nick and I exchanged looks and laughed.

This is the first "diorama" with the wolf.  She added the penguin on top (he has his own diorama on top).  The box folds, and the penquin goes inside.

Probably not going to win many awards, but, she did it by herself, so, I was proud.
She decided to make another one (because one is NOT enough).  She said she wants to have a diorama store so she could make them for people.  Alot better than having a diarrhea store.  I don't think many people would stop by.


There is a leopard, some trees, a hill and the tall thing is the sun


This second picture is to show you the little dog in the corner.

And, that my friends, is my "diarrhea" story.

No comments:

Post a Comment