Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hike

Finally got out of the room and went for a hike at Peninsula State Park.  It's a balmy 30 degrees (feels a little colder with the wind off the lake).  We have been up here many times over the years (watched the boys grow over our many visits up here) so it was fun to reminisce during our short drive to the park.   Lots of memories and stories.

Thought I would share some of the pictures from our hike.  I don't have the group of wild turkeys picture.  I'll have to get that one from RT or Alex.  RT made some type of bird call out the window and all of the turkeys put their heads straight up.  It was pretty neat to see.


That's Bella and Alex climbing the side of a huge rock (not my idea)

Bella was behind me taking pictures.  I took a picture of her taking a picture of me

RT, Nick and Alex walking down the road
There were trails, this trail let us to a road and then to the old ski hill

which we decided to walk down
One year, we slid down on our bottoms down this hill.  It was fun!
This is looking down

Looking up the hill from where I was standing
(I did eventually make it down the hill) 
one of the many beautiful Door County Sunsets


That's Alex at the top of Eagle Tower




It felt good to get out take a hike and get some fresh air. 

Here's to a good night sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment