Monday, January 2, 2012

That's Mr. Hefner, to you

On Monday's and Thursdays the kids are to bring down their dirty clothes to the laundry room.  (Nick knows how to do laundry, but, sometimes I will wash his clothes)  I wash, dry and fold, and they have to put their clean clothes away.  Not a bad deal, if you ask me.  This plan usually works well if all rules are followed.  Something usually breaks down in the process.  For example, we are set to go somewhere and you hear, "I don't have any clothes to wear!"  They would tell this to RT (who, at first, did not know about the whole process).  RT would wonder why they don't have any clothes?  Don't I buy them clothes to wear?   Once RT was filled in on the process, he understood and started telling them to find something to wear.  (this would tie into the putting your clothes away in the correct drawer so that you can find them)

 For the last week, I have been doing laundry and have noticed that none of Alex's clothes have been in any of the loads.   So, today being Monday, I said, once again, loud and clear for eveyone that they should bring their dirty clothes down to the laundry room.  I turned to Alex and said, you might want to bring down some clothes, because I haven't washed any of yours in the past week.

The answer I received?  "I've been wearing my pajamas for the last week!"  which is true.  He lives in his pajamas.  Any moment that he can, he is wearing his pajamas.  He comes home from school, runs upstairs and puts them on before I even see him.  (makes we wonder if he wore them to school?)  And, since they have been on break for the last week, he has been wearing pajamas the whole time.  Maybe there have been a few times where he had to put on civilian clothes (Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Years Eve).

I should probably mention that several years ago, I bought the boys robes.  Alex LOVED his robe and wore it all of the time.  So, I gave him the nickname, Hugh Hefner, or just Hef.

So, as I was saying, Hef, please bring down your pajamas so I can wash them.  You still have another week of Christmas break.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment