Sunday, January 29, 2012

Ear Bud

We hung out at my mom's a little this afternoon to celebrate her birthday.  (a little birthday party)  All was going well with our celebration, we were getting ready to leave and Nick asks Nona for a Q-Tip.  Not sure why he needed to clean his ear's out, but, hey, when the child needs to clean his ears, you let him clean his ears, no matter where you are, right?

Turns out, he wasn't cleaning out his ears, but, his ear buds (you know, those things that go in your ears so you can listen to music).  He decided to do this over the bathroom sink.  Next thing I hear is that his ear bud went down the drain. (it doesn't help that we just bought these for him for Christmas)  I asked why he didn't close the drain, he said there isn't a plug.  I said to go talk to your Uncle Steve and ask him to help.

So, there is Uncle Steve, taking apart the bathroom drain so we can retrieve the missing ear bud.  It, apparently, wasn't a pretty sight.  RT was surprised Nick still wanted it after seeing all it went through (you have to know Nick and that he isn't big on germs).  Nick thanked his Uncle for retrieving the ear bud and, had to thank his grandmother (who will have to clean up the mess under the sink, Thanks, Nona!).  Nothing like a little unexpected plumbing project to end a party, huh?

Once in the car, Nick popped the ear bud in and listened to music all the way home.  I'm hoping he cleaned the bud when he got home (that I will never know, and, I'm not sure if I will want to know).

Thanks, Uncle Steve!

No comments:

Post a Comment