Saturday, March 31, 2012

Texting

My cell phone plan allows only 200 texts (I don't have a fancy phone).  I text, but I don't come close to that number.

This month is a little different.  I have reached 150 texts (and still have about a week left on this month's plan).   RT was texting me from Vegas.  RT's mom was sending me some updates on Nick in Florida (and about Nick and his Grandfather's drive back up here).  My neighbor was texting me (quite a bit) about her house (it sold), house hunting, the new neighbors (that I met briefly) and a package that she was supposed to receive by FedEx. 

I was receiving a text or two an hour on Wednesday.  I felt popular.  After awhile it was annoying.  It is difficult to work (be on the phone with a customer) and have your cell phone beep from a text (or two) that you received.  And we all know that Wednesday was quite the interesting day.

I try to cut down on texts by not responding if I don't have to.  That did not go well because I had some people texting me again to make sure that I go the first text, which led to me texting them that yes, I did get their text.  I would call that an unnecessary text.   I think next time I will call the person back and tell them that I got their text.

So, I guess if you need me, you can just text me.  My cell phone (usually) isn't that far from me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment