Monday, March 26, 2012

Go ahead, eat it!

It's not THAT old.  Try it and see if it tastes good.

Sometimes you forget how long the leftovers have been in the refrigerator.  I use RT as my food tester.  "That looks good."  "We haven't had it that long."


RT's favorite line that I use, I hold up a container and say, "We have to get rid of this."  He says I know how to make anything sound appetizing.  (It's a gift I have)

We have some kalamata olives that my mom gave me.  She said that my dad was the only one who ate them.  She gave them to me in February (my dad passed away last April). 
 I was making a salad for RT and suggested he put some kalamata olives on his salad (because we have to get rid of them).  The olives are in a salty, briny liquid that, I believe, preserves them.  RT asked if they were good and I said, "of course."  I said to try one, and he then said I should try it first (he knows me all too wel).   I said,  "Well, maybe they're too old and we should throw them out."  RT loves when I sway back and forth on food expirations.  It gives him such confidence in the food that he is going to eat.

We both tried an olive.  (RT went first, of course)

 So far, we're both feeling ok.  Good thing.  There are a few more containers in the refrigerator that I RT need to test.

No comments:

Post a Comment