Friday, March 16, 2012

Ambulance


Everytime I see a firetruck and ambulance on our block, I get a little scared.  We are surrounded by older people.  Yes, I know that I am old, but, I mean OLDER than me (yes, there are people out there who are older than I am).  As neighbors, we gather outside to see what's going on.  Talking about how we just saw them the other day, they looked fine.

Today I was standing at the bus stop with Bella and noticed the firetruck by a house (about 4 houses down).  I don't usually see these people outside at all.  I don't think they EVER leave their house.  As I was waiting with Bella for the bus (that never came, by the way) I saw my neighbor stroll down there and talk to the firemen.  He then walked over to say "hi."  I asked if everything there was ok, he replied, "They smelled something funny so they called the fire department to check it out."  The firemen couldn't figure out the odor (they did various tests) so, they left.  All that worrying for an odor problem.

Makes you wonder what the weird smell is and why is it in their house?  Then again, maybe I don't want to know the answer.    

No comments:

Post a Comment