Sunday, April 1, 2012

Navy Pier

Went for a little drive into Chicago and decided to look around Navy Pier.
 

Our adventure


It was a little windy (no suprise being that it is the "windy city") and a little on the chilly side.  We had lunch, with a view of the entrance (to Navy Pier)



probably should have taken a picture before I started eating
grilled asparagus and red pepper panini with fontina cheese - mmm, delicious!
Lot's of shops to browse, even the easter bunny was there!
We looked at a stained glass exhibit


beautiful use of colors


designs


and, my little model
(even I tried to get in the picture!)




a close up of the flowers


This is upclose on one of the windows
thought it looked cool


Bella with the Chicago skyline


smile for the camera


then there were two


where did they go?


Bella found the "X" and wanted to start digging for treasure





I asked RT to give me a couple of his favorites
Bella, Alex and I with the Chicago skyline
(either I'm shrinking or Alex is growing)


and, of course, a tree branch with the Chicago skyline in the background
RT does have this obsession with tree branches
I think it's a cool pic


we left Navy Pier and will hopefully return when it is warmer (and we can go on the ferris wheel)
drove around looking at some of the buildings
I hopped out of the car to take these
RT told me I only had a minute, this is what I got
Here's Trump tower


an innocent bystander using his cell phone



The last leg of the trip drivingi past the United Center, but, we made one last stop for a picture at
832 W. Randolph Street
home of the former D.J. Karos Co.


Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment