Thursday, March 1, 2012

No more permanent markers!

That reminds me of, "NO MORE WIRE HANGERS!" from the movie, Mommy Dearest.


There is an unwritten rule in our house (well, there's probably millions of them, but, we are talking about just this one) that says not to write with permanent marker, unless, of course, you are old enough to understand that it is PERMANENT!

Somehow, "someone" got a hold of a permanent marker that was in my cup holder on my desk.  Probably the same "someone" that steals my pens, pencils and scissors.  Of course, this "someone" NEVER admits to any of the crimes and always acts innocent when the evidence is shown.

As I was saying, this "someone" got a hold of the permanent marker and was drawing on paper and some stray marks got on the table.  That "someone" was in a mess of trouble if I ever find them.

I tried washing the marks off with water.  Well, it works with the washable markers.  Of course, this one is PERMANENT!  I decided to try baking soda.  With a little baking soda, a wet rag and a little elbow grease, my permanent marks came out!


The "mysterious" marks on the table
put a little baking soda on them

here is the rag and elbow grease

and there is my shadow clean table, the marks are gone!

lookin' good! 

Let's try it on old newsprint stains, see the one at the top of the table(below)

a little more baking soda

and its gone!
Not a well lit area, so, my pictures didn't come out as well
take my word for it, the marks are gone!

Take a bow, Mr. Baking Soda.  A job well done.

That's an old cheese container, upcycled into a baking soda cleaner holder
with a fancy handwritten label

The permanent marker has been hidden and the art table cloth has been placed on the table.

All is calm, thanks to  my baking soda.

No comments:

Post a Comment