Friday, March 30, 2012

Can you please pass the soap?

Thought I would take a picture of the soap dish in the kids bathroom.


Lots of showers have been taken in here.  I'm wondering what they are using to clean themselves.  Well, then again, maybe I don't want to know?

I am making Oatmeal Pumpkin Soap.  This is a melt and pour soap.

Our supplies:
glass bowl
plastic wrap
oatmeal soap
oatmeal
perfect pumpkin fragrance oil
soap molds
wire whisk
scale

We have made soap before here.  So, I won't bore you with a step by step process, instead giving you the highlights. 

I weighed my soap


and melted in the microwave (30 second intervals).  Once there are no clumps,


I added in the perfect pumpkin fragrance oil and the oatmeal (I put mine in the food processor for a few pulses).  The oatmeal will make a great exfoliator.  Mix and pour into the molds. 

I also made a batch of olive oil with black amber musk fragrance oil.  I'm thinking the black amber musk should have been in the oatmeal soap. 

Let set. Take out and wrap in plastic wrap. 


Oh, and don't forget to put one in the shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment