Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Umm...like...yea..you know...like

Apparently that's a reality for me.

I asked Bella how her day at school went today and she started telling me about a girl in her class.  This girl was in her kindergarten class and is now with her in second grade.  Bella said that the girl is different.  I asked how is she different (boy did I ask the wrong question).

Bella:  Well, like she is, well, you know.  Umm.  Like, I don't know how to describe it.  Um.  Like, you know.  Yea.

I told her that she didn't tell me anything and asked her for more information.

Bella:  Well, like she.  I don't know.  It's hard to explain, you know?  Like, yea.  I can't describe it.

(less information than the first time)

I asked her to stop using the word "like."  That was interesting.

Bella:  Okay.  Well, she is like.  Oh, sorry!  I mean, she like.  Oh, I can't say that.  Yea.  I don't know!

I never got the full story (unless a bunch of likes, umms and you knows add up to tell a story). I'm scared that it started so early. And to think, I have quite a few more years with "like, you know" stories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment