Friday, September 27, 2013

Are you....?

So, I'm hanging outside in front of the house when some guy walks up the drive way.  He asked me if I knew anyone by the name of (my last name here).  Well, that happens to be our last name, so, I reply, "No." 

What?

You heard me.  I said, No.  First of all, I have no idea who this person is and how does he know our name and what does he want from me?  I didn't want to sit through some sales pitch and get pressured to buy something (I don't have a problem saying no).  It was a nice day, I was getting some stuff done outside and just wanted to be left alone.

Well, it all worked itself out.  As he walked closer, I thought we were getting served.  He asked about another name, which happens to be a name that I am familiar with and realized why was asking for our last name. 

So, at that point, I told him that I am (my last name here).

Have you ever told someone that you aren't who you are?

1 comment:

  1. When I was young, I was always getting picked on. So if someone asked if I was (my name here), I'd say 'No' because I thought they were going to make fun of me. (I'm still picked on all the time.) I don't do that anymore, because I now always try to tell the truth. (I'm not judging.) You probably should've said, "Who wants to know?"

    ReplyDelete